Healing Touch Level 1 Audience
Healing Touch is a nursing based continuing education program for registered nurses, physicians, body therapists, counselors, psychotherapists, other health professionals, and individuals desiring an in-depth understanding and practice of healing work using energy based concepts.
Healing Touch Program™ Description
A course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing Touch (HT) which in-corporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in 6 levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements.
Level 1 Description
Level 1 begins with 16-18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to HT.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice
Level I Course Content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra
- Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
16 Continuing Education Contact Hours
Sat. April 25, 2020 8:30am-6:00pm
Sun. April 26, 2020 8:30am-6:00pm
UW Health Research Park Clinic
621 Science Dr.
Madison, WI 53711
Mary Pat Hank RN, BSN, HTCP/I
Mary Pat has been working as a nurse for forty years in a variety of positions and specialties, from neurology to parish nursing. She began using Healing Touch in 2009, to better embrace the benefits of a holistic practice and to help herself heal from fibromyalgia. She is passionate about teaching others how they can use Healing Touch to improve their lives and the lives of others as well.
Regular Tuition – $497
HTPA or AHNA Member Tuition – $447
Full time Student with ID – $297
Repeat Student – $247